There are many expenses that our personal funds are unable to cover. It may be consolidated debts, personal events, travel, or medical emergency bills. Taking loans is the only option left, but high interests and processing charges may put you off.
However, Marcus by Goldman Sachs has brought a solution to this problem. Marcus is the entirely-online lending arm of the leading investment bank. It takes pride in offering no-fee, quick, and unsecured loans to eligible customers.
The personal loan scheme is a sigh of relief to many because of its affordability. Besides the apparent benefit, Marcus personal loan has many more benefits in store. To discover all the conditions of this Goldman Sachs loan scheme, read on.
Features of Marcus Personal Loan
Goldman Sachs has provided borrowers with many lucrative perks and offerings via Marcus. One of the major pros of the Marcus loan scheme is that the bank charges no fee except interest. The repayment period is also very flexible ranging from 36 to 72 months.
It’s an entirely online loan platform so you can save money on paperwork, enjoying low APRs and interests. You can also ask the bank to pay your creditors directly in case of a debt consolidation loan. What’s more, Marcus allows you to defer one payment without additional interest if you pay 12 consecutive monthly payments timely.
However, there are some downsides to the loan schemes as well. Marcus does not allow multiple borrowers on a single loan. In lieu of so many perks, the bank only approves of creditworthy applicants with a stable income source.
How to Apply?
Follow these simple steps to apply for the Marcus personal loan.
- Log on to the Marcus official website and go to ‘personal loans’
- Fill in basic details like the loan amount, purpose, and your annual income.
- Marcus will run a soft check and will review your options.
- Choose from the possible monthly payments and loan tenures.
- Before finalizing your loan, Marcus will do a hard credit check (this might affect your credit score)
- Once approved, you’ll get the amount in your bank account in 5 working days.
The basic requirements you’ll have to meet for the Marcus personal loan are as follows.
- You must be a permanent resident and citizen of the U.S.
- You must be over the age of 18 (19 if you live in Alabama and 21 in Puerto Rico and Mississippi).
- You must have a valid account in any U.S. bank.
- Your FICO credit score should be good (at least 690).
You’ll require the following documents to be eligible.
- Proof of employment (letter from employer, Salary slips, etc.)
- Your Tax ID or Social Security Number should be in place.
- Proof of Income (tax returns, salary slips, bank statement, etc.)
- Proof of residence (utility bills, rental agreement, mortgage papers, etc.)
Fee and Interest Rate
You’ll enjoy great affordability in terms of cost with Marcus personal loan.
- Interest Rate and APR: The interest rate is included in the APR, which ranges from 6.99% to 23.99%. The APR depends upon the loan amount ($3,500-$30,000), credit score, and repayment tenure.
- Processing fee: Goldman Sachs bank claims to charge no processing fee for Marcus loans.
- Late payment fee: You won’t have to pay any late payment fees. Moreover, you can get a 0.25% discount on the interest rate if you choose autopay for monthly installments.
- Prepayment fee: You can prepay your loan any time before the tenure is over without paying any extra charge.
Marcus by Goldman Sachs
111 South Main Street
Salt Lake City
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is one of the best personal loan schemes available to U.S. citizens. The low interest and no added charges make it affordable for borrowers who are in dire need of finances. If you’re looking for a mix of flexibility and affordability in personal loans, this is your go-to platform.
Note: There are risks involved when applying for and using loan. Consult the bank’s terms and conditions page for more information.