Review: LiteON 24/10/40 IDE
Provided by: LiteON
Firmware: Version 5S54 and 5S0J
LiteON has earned respect in the recording industry this year. It expanded so quickly it became the number two CDRW-manufacturor and is heading as an arrow towards the number 1 spot next year…
All potential OEM custumors are standing in line to fix contracts. LiteON makes for examples CDRW-drives for Compaq, and many other PC-supplies. In no-time this company grew very aggressively due to excellent products and pricing.
Besides this the company is very innovative and is always one of the first brands to bring out new technologies. This new LiteON LTR-24102B is the answer from LiteOnIT to Plextor, Sanyo and TDK. LiteON is the first Taiwan manufacturor to introduce a 24x burner. How well this drive performs we will figure out in the following review.
- 24X (Zone-CLV) Record, 10X (CLV) Re-Write & 40X (CAV) Read technology.
- E-IDE Interface, support all PIO, DMA, Ultra-DMA modes.
- Innovated SMART-BURNÂ® technology to avoid from buffer under run Error & automatically adjust writing strategy plus running OPC to meet various CD-R/RW media burning condition.
- Innovated SMART-X technology, support high speed Digital Audio Extration (DAE) & VCD data extraction
- Supporting plug & play ; Emergency manual eject
- Supporting Fixed Packet, Variable Packet, TAO, SAO, DAO, Raw Mode.
- Read/Write all formats CD, CD-R, CD-RW Disc (up to 99 min), also conforms to Orange Book Part 2,3.
- Easy-TrayÂ® design for both horizontally & vertically use
- Gear-Driven tray disc-loading mechaniasm to Improve reliability & life, no any belt-loose belt-broken issue.
- VASÂ® Vibration Absorber System Mechanisam to reduce vibration & noise during read & write.
Let’s take a look what’s in the package…